Thanks Wayne for the suggestion. Yes, my parent is only a pom, interited by
the module poms.

I have considered refactoring into a separate module for the site generation
(a "logical parent", but technically a sibling to the modules that it is
supposed to aggregate information from), just to get the ordering right. The
problem however is that the approach to site report aggregation that I plan
to use (copied from the javadoc and jxr plugin approach to aggregation)
depends on the ability to get hold of the MavenProject objects for the
modules (in order to fetch module specific settings).

So I seem to be caught in a catch 22?

/Bjorn