Correction...local ftp problem is fixed; I only have trouble with the
remote repositories.

-dh

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Hoffer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 1:08 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Why do my builds fail to honor the repositories settings?

I thought I was progressing in my knowledge of how to configure maven2
so that multiple developers can build with maven.  However today, I no
longer can download anything from repositories configured in my project
pom.xml file.  Here is a typical setting in a module's pom:

<repositories>

    <repository>

          <id>internal</id>

<name>Internal Release Repository</name>

          <url>ftp://XRBUILD2.xrite.com/internal</url>

      </repository>

      <repository>

          <id>codehaus</id>

          <name>Codehaus maven repository</name>

          <url>http://dist.codehaus.org/</url>

          <layout>legacy</layout>

      </repository>

  </repositories>

My understanding was that I could add any number of repositories like
this to look for specified dependencies.  This module also has a parent
pom which adds other repositories; I assume these are additive...I could
specify them in either place, is that correct?

Today I cannot even download from our local ftp://XRBUILD2.xrite.com
<ftp://xrbuild2.xrite.com/>  server, yes I use the wagon-ftp extension
to allow ftp downloads.  My maven conf.xml file specifies all the local
servers such as:

<server>

      <id>internal</id>

      <username>anonymous</username>

      <password>xrbuild</password>

    </server>

What am I doing wrong?  It seems like a network problem but I can go to
all the repos with my browser and download just fine.  How can I
troubleshoot where the problem is?

P.S. One thing I don't like about this (when it does work) is that it
tries to download each artifact from all the repositories until it finds
one that works.  Often times, I know which repo should be use for each
artifiact...but this isn't a big deal.

-dh