Wendy,

What I have noticed is that if I go into the sub projects directory and run
'mvn test', the relative paths that are in the tests resolve perfectly.
When I run the 'mvn test' from the parent project path, then the relative
paths cannot be found.  Will the use of the "basedir" property resolve to
the subprojects location or the parent projects location?

Thanks,
-Lyndon-

On 6/5/06, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 6/5/06, Lyndon Washington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a unit test that was setup in the old ANT build to load resources
> using a relative path.  I have put the resource that is being retrieved
in
> the projects 'test/resources/conf' folder.  How would I reference the
file,
> where previously I used 'conf/foo.xml'?
>
> I guess I was assuming that there would be a system propery that I could
> use.  Another snippet of info is that this project is part of a large
pom
> heirarchy, so the test could be run from the parent or from the actual
> project location.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html

Surefire sets a 'basedir' system property, which you can retrieve with:
   System.getProperty("basedir")

It also sets 'localRepository', which can be useful for locating
artifacts (such as war files to deploy with Cargo.)

In addition, you can pass in your own system properties in the
<plugin>/<configuration> section.

--
Wendy