Jörg,

Thanks for the reply!

> So what is the difference between:
> <version>SNAPSHOT</version>
> and
> <version>latest</version>

Basically I've been naming the atlassian-base snapshots as:

1.1-SNAPSHOT
1.2-SNAPSHOT etc.

and so whenever I rev atlassian-base, I need to change all the child projects as well. So when I release 1.3 and the latest snapshots are now 1.3-SNAPSHOT, so I need to update all child project pointers from 1.2-SNAPSHOT to 1.3-SNAPSHOT, which is a slight PITA.

Specifying the parent version as:

<version>SNAPSHOT</version>

doesn't seem to pickup 1.3-SNAPSHOT (I'm assuming I need to call my atlassian-base version, SNAPSHOT).

The key difference between "latest" and "SNAPSHOT" is that "latest" (which doesn't work) would find out what the latest version deployed on the repo is, and just try to use that? That way, I don't need to update my (unreleased) child projects every time I release atlassian-base.

I'm thinking this *should* be a fairly common use-case, and wondered what other solutions there are.

Cheers,

Mark C

Jörg Schaible wrote:
Hi Mark,