From: Dhananjay Nene [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:40 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: How to implement an organisational super pom ?

Although the question wasn't addressed to me, I have run into some
problems (hence the question in the first place) so just adding my 2c.

If the super pom modeled as a top level module (ie. each project
declares it as a parent), I get into a lot of issues when using the
release plugin for the individuaal projects (You can just try it out to
see what I mean).  One of the  issues  I also get into is that  the cvs
repository needs to be structured  with the superpom module at the top
and each of the projects as a sub directory in the cvs module
representing the super pom which is not exactly the most convenient
mechanism for conducting version control across multiple independent
projects.

Having said that since maven itself does use a super pom which does not
suffer from these limitations hopefully there's some way to implement -
but I couldn't figure it out so far.

Dhananjay