From: Juergen Hoeller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Jun 20, 2006 12:57 PM
Subject: [Springframework-user] Spring Framework 2.0 RC1 released
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], List for Spring
users <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Dear Spring community,

I'm pleased to announce that Spring 2.0 RC1 has been released. This is the
first release candidate for Spring 2.0, after a series of five milestone
releases. It is waiting for broad user feedback on its way towards 2.0
final.

The general topics for Spring 2.0 are simplified configuration and AOP
unification, along with support for JPA, asynchronous JMS, and Portlet
environments. Among the new features are:

* Bean definitions based on XML schema, with out-of-the-box namespaces for
common configuration tasks
* Support for extended bean scopes in application contexts, with web request
and session scopes as main targets
* Bean definition enhancements: lazy loading of bean classes, collection
merging, intelligent error messages

* Simplified AOP configuration based on XML schema namespaces
* Support for AspectJ pointcut expression language and AspectJ-style aspects
* Support for dependency injection on any object (based on AspectJ)

* Enhanced JDBC support: named SQL parameters, generics-based
SimpleJdbcTemplate
* Explicit support for Hibernate 3.1 and 3.2 (while remaining compatible
with Hibernate 3.0)
* Support for the Java Persistence API (JPA), including the full container
contract (with class instrumentation)

* TaskExecutor abstraction for submitting asynchronous work
* Support for various thread pools, such as a Java 5 ThreadPoolExecutor and
a CommonJ WorkManager
* Support for asynchronous JMS ("Message-Driven POJOs"), based on message
listener containers

* Conventions-based web MVC: controller mappings, model attribute names
* JSP form tag library for use with Spring Web MVC and Spring Web Flow
* Full support for Portlet environments, including Portlet-style MVC based
on a DispatcherPortlet

And many, many refinements in the details...

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Juergen

-----