From: Feniks Nator [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:48 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Maven best practices - company-wide local repository?

Oeps, seems like I've been a bit to fast.
> and I consider if we should use a common local repository -
> for instance over a network share.

You're talking about a common local repository.
I agree with Christian, this could slow down things a lot.
And it makes it more difficult to experiment (though you always can
changing
the settings.xml you use.)

I also strongly recommend to keep the LOCAL repository, really local,
meaning on the developers workstation.

DISCLAIMER:
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates.
Any views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. Before opening any mail and