I have been planning to adopt maven in my C++ development environment to
provide build automation.

We are planning to work building a set of interdepentent projects organized
with Maven, and maybe abandoning make. I would like to know if there is a
way of managing C++ builds (done with GNU g++), CVS/Subversion repositories,
execution of custom tools (file encription, statistics, etc.) and IDE
Integration (Eclipse), maybe removing the need of GNU make entirely.

It´s a dream, isn´t it? Well, can I keep dreaming?