Another advantage of pre-compiling JSPs during Maven compile/package
phase is that you get a nice compile-time check on the JSP file before
wasting time deploying your EAR/WAR only to find out a JSP is missing
a semi-colon or something equally dumb when the app server gets around
to compiling it for the first time...

Wayne