I installed the Sun  jaxrpc.jar as follows :
mvn install:install-file -Dfile=D:\M2-WORK\eportal-lib\jaxrpc.jar
-DgroupId=javax.xml -DartifactId=jaxrpc -Dversion=1.1 -Dpackaging=jar

The included it at a dependency in one of my poms as shown below :

 <dependency>
     <groupId>javax.xml</groupId>
     <artifactId>jaxrpc</artifactId>
     <version>1.1</version>
   </dependency>

But when I build I get the following error message :

[WARNING] While downloading javax.xml:jaxrpc:1.1
 This artifact has been relocated to javax.xml:jaxrpc-api:1.1.

Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/xml/jaxrpc-api/1.1/jaxrpc-api-1
.1.jar
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org
/maven2)
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) javax.xml:jaxrpc-api:jar:1.1

 Try downloading the file manually from:
     http://java.sun.com/webservices/downloads/webservicespack.html

 Then, install it using the command:
     mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.xml -DartifactId=jaxrpc-api \
         -Dversion=1.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

 Path to dependency:
       1) za.co.mycompany.eportal:eportal-webservices:jar:1.0
       2) javax.xml:jaxrpc-api:jar:1.1

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
 za.co.mycompany.eportal:eportal-webservices:jar:1.0

from the specified remote repositories:
 central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

--
Why isn't M2 just getting the one i manually installed?

Jeff  Mutonho

GoogleTalk : ejbengine
Skype        : ejbengine
Registered Linux user number 366042