Hi there,

To use the WAR plugin for Maven 2 you must execute the following war goal:

mvn war:war

This will then create a war projet within the target directory.

As for using tomcat and jetty you can find out more on the appropriate
plugin from the following site

http://mojo.codehaus.org/

I had trouble downloading the plugings out of the sandbox so I checked out
the source code from the mojo SVN and executed a mvn intall on the project.

Hope this helps

Trent