Dear all,

As I see at the following URL goals provided by maven-scm-plugin, these
goals are general goals, but at the same time,  certain actions  /
operations which are specific to a particular SCM does not really match (for
readibility / documentation reasons)  to these goals.

http://maven.apache.org/scm/plugins/plugin-info.html
<http://maven.apache.org/scm/plugins/plugin-info.html>

For instance, take the login action,  which I think every provider
implements for it repository, and in most of the cases with other providers
which are implemented, login has been wrapped in URL in the pom and there
itself login take place.

Is it not worthwhile to provide "login" as a seperate goal ? or there are
some good reasons to not to provide this ?

Next, I would appreciate, if somebody could point me to the purpose of the
following goals with repect to the provider repository :

        scm:diff
        scm:status
        scm:tag
        scm:unedit

If I do not implement any of the goals or only implement which are relevent
/ common goals which are relevent to my provider , then at the higher level
would I be missing any of the functinality provided by Maven ?

Regards, Jaikumar