The parent POM must be deployed in your local repository to allow yours
subprojects to find it.
You just have to do :
mvn deploy
in the superPOM directory

Arnaud

Hi All,

I'm new to Maven and am struggling to create a super pom.  I am involved
in
a project which has a number of sub projects and would like to have a
super
pom for the general configs, which are inherited by the sub projects.  The
problem is that I can create a super pom by hand, but when I reference it
using <parent/> the sub project goes of to the repo to download...  I just
wanted a super pom that I could use to set project wide configs.

I tried various params with mvn archetype:create but no luck.

Could someone please point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance.
--
Viz