Hi all,

is there any reason (except of that it's currently not implemented that way)
that reactor builds can only be defined in projects of packaging type POM?

I'd like to define reactor builds for projects of type WAR - maven disallows
this and I can't see any reason to not allow that ( as well as for type
JAR).

If it would be possible I would not need a seperate project (of type pom)
just for the definition of dependencies (either modules and references to
other workspace projects in eclipse or just jar dependencies). Furthermore
those definitions could be placed in the appropriate project where it
actually belongs to.

Regards,

Alex