Hi,

I'm going through chapter 6 .Running "mvn install"  for the
examples(as instructed on page 158) is giving me build failure due to
PMD violations.The offending projecting is proficio-store-xstream:

What exactly is your question? You have several options: remove the PMD errors by correcting the code (see http://pmd.sf.net), remove the PMD check from the POM or contact the writers of the book and ask them to repair the source code. Perhaps some new PMD rules were released since the writing of this book or the autors used a customized PMD configuration.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Hendrik Busch - Stellv. Leiter der Softwareentwicklung

LexisNexis Deutschland GmbH
http://www.lexisnexis.de
Feldstiege 100
D-48161 Münster