Jeff Mutonho wrote:

> I'm going through chapter 6 .Running "mvn install"  for the
> examples(as instructed on page 158) is giving me build failure due to
> PMD violations.The offending projecting is proficio-store-xstream:

Are you sure your archive file is unaltered? Maybe you're missing something.

I just downloaded the example from mergere, and everything is working fine:
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building Maven Proficio XStream Store
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
---
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
Compiling 1 source file to
E:\Temp\proficio\proficio-stores\proficio-store-xstre
am\target\classes
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
Compiling 2 source files to
E:\Temp\proficio\proficio-stores\proficio-store-xstr
eam\target\test-classes
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] Surefire report directory:
E:\Temp\proficio\proficio-stores\proficio-stor
e-xstream\target\surefire-reports

 T E S T S
Running com.mergere.mvnbook.proficio.store.xstream.AppTest
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.541 sec
Running com.mergere.mvnbook.proficio.store.memory.AppTest
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.04 sec

Results :

[INFO] [jar:jar]
[INFO] Building jar:
E:\Temp\proficio\proficio-stores\proficio-store-xstream\tar
get\proficio-store-xstream-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO] Preparing pmd:check
[INFO] [pmd:pmd]
[INFO] [pmd:check {execution: default}]
[INFO] Preparing cobertura:check

run a mvn pmd:check with the -e options on proficio-store-xstream, maybe we
could learn more about your PMD error.

Denis