Hi,

Since i'm quite new to Maven2 i still haven't found out how to solve all of
my questions.

I just wonder how do i generate a single JAR, containing all of the
dependend JARs declared in the pom.xml.

What i mean is, after the build i get my JAR which contains just the class
files for my project. But when i would like to deploy it to a third party i
want all the necessary libs deployed with my classes, so that the person who
uses it, can simply run it without having to download all the JARs
him-/herself.

So far i found out, that there is a plugin called maven-assembly-plugin.
But is it the "Best Practice" to do so, and if how can i configure that
plugin?

I might think absolutely the wrong way, and maybe i just need to change some
maven settings (e.g. scope), so that all dependend JAR-files are packed
within the projects JAR-file.

All informations are welcome on this.

R.C.