It would be nice for convenience
to have
a kind of maven project, which for example could be called
'application-x-ejb-client',
that bundles the dependencies for a client and might help deliver
them all
by providing a single dependency declaration on application-x-ejb-client
in thw web client's POM.

I'm not doing web development.
I have no notion of how many ejb-clients you would normally have.

Unless you can get some regular expression magic to help import things
you would need to declare your dependencies in your
"application-x-ejb-client" project and these exact ones would be
needed in your client as well.  Whether you declare them in
application-x-ejb-client or in your client pom they still need to be
declared.  The only benefit I could see would be if you had more than
one client and by creating this extra project you can apply DRY (don't
repeat yourself). Otherwise I can't see any benefit.

I think it is important to explicit list your dependencies, otherwise
you pull in cruft and the kitchen sink unnecessarily.