apill wrote:

> I have quoted a section of the site plugin documentation at the end of
> this post. The NOTE says that if I don't place a trailing slash at the
> end of the site deploy url, then child projects of this project will
> inherit the same location. I have tried this and it fails.
>
> I have set the site deploy URL to
> scp://<path-to-website-on-server>/${artifactId}/${pom.version} in my
> parent pom.xml. In the child pom I haven't set anything, so I would
> expect the child to deploy to:
> scp://<path-to-website-on-server>/${child-artifactId}/${child-
> pom.version}
>
> instead it deploys to
>
> scp://<path-to-website-on-server>/${child-artifactId}/${child-
> pom.version}/${child-artifactId}
>
> What can I do to solve this?
>
> Thanks

Looks like the documentation is not up to date... child-artifactId is always
appended to parent distributionManagement.url.

AFAIK, your only option there is to repeat in each of your pom the url of
the distributionManagement part.

Maybe you should fill a JIRA request to see this documentation fixed.

Denis.