Thanks, Max. This solved my problem.

Bogdan Matiu -
Senior Software Engineer

-----Original Message-----
From: Max Cooper [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: August 10, 2006 5:57 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Change profiles when defining a default profile - issue -
Maven2.0.

Use a property to control which profile is active, perhaps 'targetEnv'
or something.

For the profile you want to be active by default, use a ! in front of
the property name, to make it active when that property is NOT set:

     <activation>
         <property>
           <name>!targetEnv</name>
         </property>
     </activation>

Then use the property value activate one of the other profiles:

     <activation>
         <property>
           <name>targetEnv</name>
           <value>qa</value>
         </property>
     </activation>

-Max

Bogdan Matiu wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Situation: I want to have an active by default profile (dev) and still

> be able to switch to other profiles like qa and prod. I didn't find
any
> way of doing it. Please someone help me if you found a solution for
this
> one.
>

> What happens?
>
> I've set up the activeByDefault property for the dev environment in
the
> conf/settings.xml:      <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
>

> When I run:
>
>             mvn help:active-profiles
>
> I get the following response:
>
> The following profiles are active:
>

>  - maestro (source: settings.xml)
>
>  - dev-servers (source: settings.xml)
>
>  - dev-servers (source: settings.xml)
>

> Now when I'm trying to switch to another profile:
>
> mvn help:active-profiles -P qa2-servers
>
> The following profiles are active:
>
>  - maestro (source: settings.xml)
>
>  - dev-servers (source: settings.xml) => *dev profile is going to be
used*

>  - qa2-servers (source: settings.xml)
>
>  - dev-servers (source: settings.xml)
>

> I've tried even with both -P and setting the *activation *value for
the qa profile and still:

> mvn help:active-profiles -P qa2-servers -Denv=qa2
>
> The following profiles are active:
>
>  - maestro (source: settings.xml)
>
>  - dev-servers (source: settings.xml) => *dev profile is going to be
used*

>  - qa2-servers (source: settings.xml)
>
>  - dev-servers (source: settings.xml)
>

> This means that any property used from profiles in the FILTERED files
> are still taken from dev profile and not from the desired qa2-servers
> profile (which is not the desired behaviour!!!)
>

> Thank you,
>
> *Bogdan Matiu -  *
>
> Senior Software Engineer
>
> Ph.: 416-848-8391 x 2237
>
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Route1 Inc.
>
> /*/Securing the Digital World/*/
>
> This electronic mail transmission contains information from Route1,
Inc.