You are definitly missing something :)

For the eclipse part, you should run eclipse:eclipse from the root project
to use project dependency instead of binary dependency (ie a module will
directly use another module as its dependency instead of using the produced
jar).

For the reactor part (the building of the parent project), you certainly
have something wrong with your projects. Are all the version numbers up to
date? Do you have any cyclic dependencies?

If you really can't have it work, fill in a JIRA issue, but this *should*
work. (and in my case, it is working, as in most cases).

Denis.