Thanks.

That makes a lot of sense...

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Fay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:12 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Can't release due to SNAPSHOT dependencies

We've talked about this before on the list, and this is the generally
suggested approach...

Download the code for the plugin(s) from SVN/CVS.
Increment the version number to a fixed/released number, build,
install locally and deploy to your corporate repo (if you have one) or
provide it to your coworkers some other way.
Update your pom to reflect the new plugin version number.

Generally I would suggest you incorporate a timestamp into the build
number ie maven-war-plugin 2.1.20060830 just to keep it clear that
this is not necessarily a real release.

Make sure you understand the artifact version system before picking a
build number, or else you could easily end up with a situation where
the "official" plugin releases a new version but your internal plugin
is still considered "newer" ie if a plugin last released 2.0.5 and is
currently releasing 2.1-SNAPSHOT, you might want to tag yours as 2.0.6
or 2.0.5.1 -- if you tag it as 2.1, then you won't get the "real" 2.1
release when it is final. (Of course, if the plugin release 2.0.6 then
you'll get a collision there too...)

Wayne