I installed a new my archetype, created by me, in a repository, with the
groupId=My-Archetype, but when I choose to use it, using the
-DarchetypeGroupID=My-Archetype in the command line, maven will try to
download it from org.apache.maven.archetypes ( that is the default
archetypes location ), so it will not find it.

Maven try to download archetypes using the default
"org.apache.maven.archetypes", and the option -DarchetypeGroupID does not
override the default archetypes location.

Is this a bug ?