I am using:

groupId:myarchetype
artifactId:myarchetype

First, I install the project in the repository,and I see it in the directory
m2/repository/myarchetype that is the groupId directory and it is ok.

Now I try to create a new project using my archetype:

mvn archetype:create
-DartifactGroupId=myarchetype
-DarchetypeArtifactId=myarchetype
-DarchetypeVersion=1.0
-DgroupId=my.cc
-DartifactId=cc

and it gives me:

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error creating from archetype

Embedded error: Archetype does not exist: Unable to download the artifact
from a
ny repository

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes
-DartifactId=
myarchetype \
        -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  org.apache.maven.archetypes:myarchetype:jar:1.0

And we can see that the groupId is "org.apache.maven.archetypes", so it is
getting the default groupId for archetypes.