Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills) wrote:

> What is the best way to handle file work in a Mojo?  For example, if I
> want to copy a file to directory using Ant I use <copy file=""
> todir=""/>.  In Java, the only way I can see at the moment is using
> RunTime.getRunTime().exec("cmd") where cmd is the MS-DOS copy command.
> With this method, how do you change the directory from which the command
> runs, because I need something like Ant's <execute dir> which I don't
> see in Java RunTime.  So, I really have 2 questions.
> How do I specify from which location on the filesystem the command runs
> from with RunTime.getRunTime().exec()?
>
> What is the best way to handle file actions in Java without issuing
> system commands?  Thanks a lot for any help.
>

> This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information
> intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.
>

> Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of
> any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]

Good day to you, Alexander,

You might also want to try maven-resouces-plugin. It might already be doing
what you're trying to do :-)

The latest (unreleased) documentation for that plugin is [1]. Kindly post
your comments if you have any so that we can revise it :-)

Thanks,
Franz

[1] http://people.apache.org/~aramirez/maven-resources-plugin/