We've developed a "warpath" plugin[1] that allows you to read
dependencies from a war dependency.  It works great, but we're
currently unable to hook into the eclipse or idea plugin for project
file generation.  There's two thoughts I have to solving this:

during the "process-resources" phase.  This doesn't seem to work, and
even if we got it to work with the IDE plugins, I'm guessing it might
clobber the war-overlay feature.

2. Modify the eclipse/idea/netbeans plugins to detect if
maven-warpath-plugin exists, and if it does, treat WARs as JARs.

Obviously, #2 is more work, but #1 doesn't seem to work.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt

[1] http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Maven-2-issues-for-Appfuse-2-p6125909s2369.html
    Download source at