Charles Harvey III wrote:

> Hello.
> I have a multiple module project with one of the modules being the war
> file,
> the rest being jar files.  When I check the project out, I want to run
> "mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse" on the top-level project so it will
> run
> the command for each sub-project.  So far, so good.  Except, in the last
> sub-project, which builds into a war file.  For that one I want to run:
> "mvn -Dwtpversion=1.0 eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse".  How do I do that?
>
> As in, is there somewhere in the pom.xml that I can add "wtpversion=1.0"
> so that it will get picked up for that sub-project only?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>

> Charlie

Good day to you, Charles,

Try putting in

<project>
  [...]
  <build>
    [...]
    <plugins>
      [...]
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
          <wtpversion>1.0</wtpversion>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
      [...]
    </plugins>
    [...]
  </build>
  [...]
</project>

in your pom.xml.

And regarding your title:
Those "-D" values (expressions) have corresponding parameter names. In your
pom, these parameters are usually configured within

<build>
  <plugins>
    <plugin>
      [...]
      <configuration>
         <!-- parameters-->
      </configuration
    </plugin>
  </plugins>
</build>

Not all maven plugins though are configured within the configuration tag
(i.e. <resources> )...but nonetheless, most of them do ^_^

Btw, you may want to take a look at [1] for more information regarding
maven-eclipse-plugin. It's an unreleased plugin documentation and it's still
being reviewed. Please feel free to give your comments about it so that we
can revise it.

Thanks,
Franz

[1]