Markus KARG-2 wrote:

> Hendrik and Franz,
>
> thanks a lot for your kind help! I indeed will try out tomorrow.
>
> But please one more question: How is the relationship between javadocs
> and pom structure? I did not yet understand how I can guess from the
> javadocs to the pom structure actually.
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Markus
>
> Hendrik Busch wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>>> Franz, are you joking?
>>> Do you see any <section> tags on the URLs you posted?
>>> Maybe I am blind, but I don't see any, actually.
>>
>> The text may not mention it, but the JavaDocs show it. You have got to
>> abstract a little from the example and the docs.
>>
>> Just make your POM look like this:
>>
>> <plugin>
>>   <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>   <artifactId>maven-jar-plugin</artifactId>
>>   <configuration>
>>     <archive>
>>       <index>true</index>
>>       <manifest>
>>         <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
>>       </manifest>
>>       <manifestSections>
>>         <manifestSection>
>>           <name>S1</name>
>>           <manifestEntries>
>>             <N1>V1</N1>
>>           </manifestEntries>
>>         </manifestSection>
>>       </manifestSections>
>>     </archive>
>>   </configuration>
>> </plugin>
>>
>> This will result in a manifest like this:
>>
>> Manifest-Version: 1.0
>> Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver
>> Created-By: Apache Maven
>> Built-By: hb
>> Build-Jdk: 1.5.0_06
>> Class-Path: commons-lang-2.1.jar
>>
>> Name: S1
>> N1: V1
>>
>> Enjoy!

Good day to you, Markus,

I think what Hendrik meant to say is that [1] has a link to the
MavenArchiveConfiguration javadoc ([2]). And if you analyze it, it has
addManifestEntries and addManifestEntry for the <manifestEntries> and
<manifestEntry> tags respecitvely. Thus, it is worth a try to see if
addManifestSections, and addManifestSection corresponds to
<manifestSections> and <manifestSection>.

But point well taken :-) I've created now created an issue for that ([3])
:-)

Thanks,
Franz

[1]