Try a maven eclipse:eclipse command in your root directory of the project. It will create project files for module1 and module2 in such a way, that the eclipse projects are depended on each other, instead of that module2 is depended on module1.jar file. You don't have to do mvn install but you do need to open the two projects in eclipse.

Hth,

Nick S.

christophe blin wrote:
Hi,

ATM, I've the following classical strucutre
project
|-pom.xml
|-module1
| |-pom.xml
| |-src
|-module2
| |-pom.xml
| |-src

the code in module2 relies heavily on code from module1, so in the
module2/pom.xml there is a dependency declaration :
<dependency>
      <groupId>com.tennaxia.t3</groupId>
      <artifactId>module1</artifactId>
      <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>

I setup the 2 projects (thanks to the "Guide to using Eclipse with Maven
2.x <http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ide-eclipse.html>") with
one eclipse project per module.
So far, so well : if I do maven install in the module1 each time I do a
modification, I will see the changes in module2 only when I hit refresh.

And what I'd like is : when I do a modification on module1, module2 is
immediately aware of this (no need to run install and to hit refresh).
So my question is : is this possible, and if yes how ?

Best regards,
chris