Hello Marco,

(1) I tried also to use the antrun plugin without success.
> I used this classpath (that works with ant).
>
> <path id ="xdoclet.classpath">
>   <fileset dir="C:/Tools/XDoclet/v1.2.3/lib">
>       <include name="*.jar"/>
>   </fileset>
> </path>
>
> <taskdef
>     name        = "webdoclet"
>     classname    = "xdoclet.modules.web.WebDocletTask"
>     classpathref= "xdoclet.classpath"
> />
>
> But if I use the maven.dependency.classpath as you, it works well !
> Strange no ?!

Well, it would not surprise me if in your fileset
dir="C:/Tools/XDoclet/v1.2.3

> /lib" you are missing some jars...... cos theoretically if  in that lib
> dir you have

all jars needed by xdoclet, it should have worked just fine

<taskdef
>     name        = "webdoclet"
>     classname    = "xdoclet.modules.web.WebDocletTask"
>     classpathref= "maven.dependency.classpath"
> />

this i m sure it works becaue in my dependencies there is all that xdoclet
need to run the task.
If in your lib directory you h ave all xdoclet-xxx-module.jar as well as
xjavadoc, i see no reason of why your code above hsould not work
again,, any maven expert here can condraddict and give feedback, i m no
guru...i have just learned things from trying them out (and failing :) )

I think that it's not this problem because as I indicated it works with ant
so
it's why I don't understand what happen. Anyway your solution is better...

(2) In order to don't put the xdoclet dependencies in the WEB-INF/lib, I
> wanted
> to use the maven.plugin.classpath (see [1]), but it seems that it does
not
> exist any more
>    > Embedded error: Reference maven.plugin.classpath not found.
> It is normal ?
>
> It is not possible also to use the scope provided because the
> maven.dependency.classpath
> don't take into account this scope.

mmm, this scopes confuse me too... in your dependencies, try to put
<scope>provided</scope>
this assumes that at runtime those libraries are alredy present (if i m
correct), and thus maven won't include them in yoru war (it worked for me
while building an .ear..)

I tried it before to wrote :
It is not possible also to use the scope provided because the
maven.dependency.classpath don't take into account this scope.
I will post a new question for this on the mailing list..

(3) Why are you the packaging phase insteed of the generate-sources phase ?
> <execution>
>     <phase>package</phase>

ah! ignore it...i had problems wtih dependencies.... but it might have
been
due to the fact that i had incorrect classpath
it should work also with <phase>generate-sources</phase>
but i haven't tried....have no time unfortunately.....  i m not using
maven
at work, so i have to use it in my spare time and nowadays i have very
little spare time
you might want to try and see if you have classpath problem....

For me it works well with the generate-sources.It's why I asked you this
question
to be sure that it's what you really want to do because I think it's better
to use the
generate-sources phase.

Thanks,

Remy