"Peter Anning" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,

Hello,

> I do a build with a vanilla settings.xml add any stuff I need to my
> local repository by hand. Then make a network copy of the local
> repository delete my local repository and then my troubles start.

This won't work, AFAIK. There is metadata information stored in the
repository which identifies it (the information) as local or tied to a
specific remote repo. This means, I think, that you cannot simply copy
(local) repositories around and hope it will work. You need to deploy
files or use a proxy as Wayne Fay advised you.

I have been bitten in the past by this in relation with custom
plugins.

HTH
--
OQube < software engineering \ génie logiciel >
Arnaud Bailly, Dr.