The general assumption on this list is that very few new users have
read the BBwM book... so you (Javier) are certainly the rare case!

(And EJ, I agree that M2 needs better docs "in general", but I
disagree that its unfair to suggest that users read the PDF. A
non-trivial ratio of the questions posted on this mailing list are
answered in the PDF, and it serves as a great "getting started with
M2" document. But that's offtopic, so feel free to start a new thread
to talk about the documentation...)

As for your original email, to be perfectly honest, I didn't and still
don't understand what you are asking for exactly... Perhaps a review
of the classic "How to ask questions" by ESR is in order?

"When I tried to get an ant build" -- Are you trying to use the
maven-antrun-plugin? Or are you trying to use Maven inside of Ant via
the Maven Antlib plugin? Or something else entirely?

"generated build file ignored my local repository and put a lot of
lines trying to download jar and install them in my profile folder" --
Maven automatically checks for updates to dependencies and plugins
when it runs. So just because Maven is grabbing new files, it does not
mean that it is ignoring your local repo, and it does not mean that
anything is wrong.

"I wonder why maven did it and how could I fix it ?" -- What
specifically did Maven do, and why do you think it is something that
needs fixing? As a new user, you may be seeing some unexpected
functionality and interpreting it as wrong/invalid/needing to be
fixed, when in reality it is simply how Maven works.

You will need to provide much more detail in your email and ask more
specific questions to be successful on this mailing list... IMO.

Wayne

On 10/4/06, Javier Leyba <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 10/4/06, Wayne Fay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The general advice for new Maven Users is that you should download the
> free Better Builds With Maven PDF, read the whole thing, and then
> if/when you have more questions or things aren't working like you
> expect, come back to the list and post them.

Wayne

I always read docs before post.

I've read Better Builds With Maven PDF (and I configured my proxies
reading it) and I found this book is to much oriented to make a simple
config as an introductory tutorial but it didn't solve my posted
problem (it didn't worked as I expected).

Thanks in advance