Your English is quite good, especially given that you've never had any
formal education. So I won't let you use that as a crutch! ;-)

To be perfectly honest, I've never used the ant plugin in the manner
you're suggesting, so it seems like I've learned something new with
this email.

It sounds like the ant plugin might have a bug or two. Have you
checked the Maven JIRA to see if this bug is already posted? If not,
I'd suggest that you create a very simple project which demonstrates
the issue and create a new bug with your zipped project as an
attachment.

The "why" of your question sounds like it is probably quite simply,
"this is a bug".

Wayne

On 10/4/06, Javier Leyba <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 10/4/06, Wayne Fay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The general assumption on this list is that very few new users have
> read the BBwM book... so you (Javier) are certainly the rare case!

I'm new to maven but experienced systems dveloper. That's the difference.

> As for your original email, to be perfectly honest, I didn't and still
> don't understand what you are asking for exactly... Perhaps a review
> of the classic "How to ask questions" by ESR is in order?

No, may be an english lesson. Language is the problem, I know clearly
want I want to ask but I can't express it correctly in your language.
I never  received english teaching, I've been learning by myself,
forcing me to read and to write. I apologize for my bad expressed
question, I hope to be better writer in the future !

> "When I tried to get an ant build" -- Are you trying to use the
> maven-antrun-plugin? Or are you trying to use Maven inside of Ant via
> the Maven Antlib plugin? Or something else entirely?

I did mvn ant:ant

> "generated build file ignored my local repository and put a lot of
> lines trying to download jar and install them in my profile folder" --
> Maven automatically checks for updates to dependencies and plugins
> when it runs. So just because Maven is grabbing new files, it does not
> mean that it is ignoring your local repo, and it does not mean that
> anything is wrong.

No, my local repo is in w:\`mvn-repo but the ant build file appear
with references to c:\wint\profiles\jleyba\.m2\repository (or
something else, I'm not in my job now).
And when I tried to run ant outside maven it started to download jars
and install them to the  referenced repository.

I assume this is no right because I've my repo correctly setted and my
eclipse project file generated with mvn eclipse:eclipse was generated
with classpath references to w:\`mvn-repo.

I want to know WHY ant build file was generated with references to a
local repo that isn't the configured one.

Thanks in advance