Search for "maven mirror central". This is discussed frequently on
this mail list and online.

You basically want to override Central with your local
department/corporate repo. This is done by establishing your local
corporate repo as a <mirrOf> Central in your settings.xml file.

Note that this will effectively "kill" your connection to Central, so
if/when you try to use a new artifact which is not installed on your
Corporate repo, it will simply fail out. For this reason, many people
use Maven proxy servers like Promixity which can be configured to go
out and download unknown artifacts on demand.

Wayne