Daniel Serodio-2 wrote:

> I'm using the assembly plugin to generate a "jar with dependencies", so
> the MANIFEST.MF is "static" (not generated dinamically); how can I add
> the scm.revision to such a jar?

When you say "static," do you mean that you have a MANIFEST.MF sitting on
your filesystem, and you're telling the assembly plugin to pick it up? If
so, then you could filter this file as a resource to get the svn info into
it.

Or do you just mean that the assembly plugin is creating the MANIFEST.MF for
you? In that case, you can still customize the manifest. You do this in the
assembly plugin's <configuration> section (in the pom, not the assembly.xml
file). It looks just like the jar configuration:

<configuration>

<descriptorRefs><descriptorId>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorId></descriptorRefs>
   <archive>
    <manifestEntries>
        <Revision>${scm.revision}</Revision>
    </manifestEntries>
   </archive>
</configuration>

At least, that's how it should work. But as far as I can tell, the assembly
plugin only honors <manifest>, not <manifestEntries>. I think this must be a
bug. Does anyone else know if this is right?

Paul