There's an emma-maven-plugin in the Codehaus sandbox and available at
the Codehaus snapshots repository you might want to use.

http://mojo.codehaus.org/using-sandbox-plugins.html

You'll need to specify something like this for the build configuration:

  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>emma-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <inherited>true</inherited>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <goals>
              <goal>instr</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>
      <plugin>
        <inherited>true</inherited>
        <configuration>
          <forkMode>once</forkMode>
          <reportFormat>xml</reportFormat>

<classesDirectory>${project.build.directory}/emma-classes</classesDirect
ory>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

And then something like this in the reporting section:

  <reporting>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>emma-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
          <inherited>true</inherited>
      </plugin>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>surefire-report-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <inherited>true</inherited>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </reporting>