Thanks for the help.

I had at least two libraries with this problem, and one of them did not have any transitive dependencies, the other one has. So unfortunely, it cannot be just that.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help,
Joachim

Edwin Punzalan wrote:

hmm... I'm pretty sure the provided scoped artifacts appear in the compile phase... maybe what your project is missing are the transitive dependencies of the provided artifact?

Joachim Van der Auwera wrote:
I am using maven 2.0.4

In my project, I have some artifacts which are defined as "provided" scope as these artifacts should not be included in the war file. So far so good.

However, once I change the scope, my project does not *compile* any more as the artifacts seem to have disappeared from the compile classpath as well.

I have defined the scope in my global pom (in dependecyManagement section) and the classes which reference these are in a module, where the dependency is mentioned without scope (or version).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help,
Joachim