[...]
> so, anyone has any idea on why it takes so long to sign them ? actually, i
> don't even know if it ever finishes the whole process...

This may not be related to maven at all but I ran into slow signing when
I built my project on the server. On my workstation the signing of jars
was reasonably fast but on the server it took ages.

In the end it turned out to be the random device that is configured by
default in the jdk. Take a look at
$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/java.security where the random device is
configured.

-dirk