"Mohni, Daniel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb am 04.12.2006
15:15:13:

> A released plugin should not have a repository entry in his pom.xml !!!
> that's my opinion, but maybe it's wrong...

My position is that the POMs which come from the main sites can (and will)
contain anything (even illegal XML, broken checksums, etc). The proxy has
to handle all these case gracefully or at least to support the admin in
doing so.

I'm missing these functions in archiva:

- Generic proxy (so the POMs can't mess with your mirror settings).
- Regenerate checksum (for all downloads which I needed to fix)
- Lock down file (so Archiva will not try to download it again even if the
remote site says "but I have new version" or the user says "get the
newest, hottest snapshots!").

I can live without the last two but the first one is a must, IMHO.

Regards,

--
Aaron Digulla