Hi,

I have just joined a new company which uses Maven 1.x. I have no experience with Maven at all and have been charged with evaluating a move to Maven 2.x.

I am looking for some high-level information about the implications of moving:

1. The existing infrastructure includes a repository for maven 1.x builds - this must remain in place so is it possible to have a separate repository for maven 2.x builds? 2. We have a build machine which must be used for compiling all releases. This is hooked to the maven 1.x repository. Can it (easily) aslo use the maven 2.x repositiory or would we be better off starting with a new build box?
3. Any other issues?

Like i said, i have not used Maven before and the hope is that if its feasible to move to Maven 2.x on my project, then i can begin to learn there.

Thanks

Rakesh