Hmm in that case, I really have no idea why its failing. I don't use
Jetty much less jetty:run.

To be honest, it sounds like a Jetty question, since clogging and
log4j are clearly on the Jetty classpath.

Wayne

On 12/15/06, Jim Downing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Wayne Fay wrote:
> Check the log4j-xyz.jar version referenced in your MANIFEST.MF and WEB
> config files against the log4j jar versions you've got in your WAR.
>
> This can happen when you for example reference log4j-1.2.2.jar in your
> MANIFEST but then load log4j-1.2.3.jar in your WAR.
> <dependencyManagement> in a parent pom can help solve this problem.

I'm a bit confused which MANIFEST you mean. I've referenced log4j 1.2.12
in my pom.xml (new pom attached), and that's the one that's ended up in
my WAR. There's no mention of any dependencies in my WAR's MANIFEST.MF.

Any ideas what the root cause of this is? How come jetty can list the
log4j jar and then not load classes from it?

Thanks for the help!
jim