Good day to you, Steinar,

You can use mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources instead ;)

mvn eclispe:eclipse will setup your .project and .classpath wherein the
.classpath points to the binaries of your dependencies ( which are in your
repo ). And with the -DdownloadSources=true property, the sources of your
binaries would be included as well in your .classpath, thus enabling you to
use F3.

Cheers,
Franz