You must bind the source:jar execution to your defaul build process :

                   <plugin>
                       <artifactId>maven-source-plugin</artifactId>
                       <executions>
                           <execution>
                               <goals>
                                   <goal>jar</goal>
                               </goals>
                           </execution>
                       </executions>
                   </plugin>

Using this, mvn install or deploy will create the sources jar and
install/deploy it with the built artifact.

2007/1/16, Steinar Bang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I'm using the source plugin to create a -sources.jar of my artifact.
They
> are automatically installed/deployed with my project artifacts.

> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-source-plugin/index.html

Yes.  That's the one I'm trying to use when doing
        mvn source:jar
from the command line.

Hm... this creates a -sources.jar in the targets subdir, but didn't
install it into my local maven repository.  However
        mvn source:jar install
installed it together with the regular jar and the -tests jar.

Thanx!