> You may need to explain what you mean, I'm not understanding.

Or, I can ask my questions in a more detailed manner...:-)

> The PDE build (since it just uses the Eclipse Ant PDE build under
> the covers) will find your local installation of the Eclipse jars
> and correctly create a zip file with everything your RCP application
> requires.

To be specific, if my eclipse install dir is /usr/local/eclipse-32/,
does the eclipse:make-artifacts goal deploy everything under
/usr/local/eclipse-32/plugins/?  Or does it copy just the eclipse
runtime?  (if so, how does it know what to take?)

If it copies just the runtime, I understand why the RCP must be
deployed in addition.

If it copies everything, then deploying the RCP may not be neccessary,
if RCP has been installed in the eclipse installation first...?