On 1/20/07, evi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

When executing C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Installid\maven-2.0.4-bin\maven-2.0.4\bin>mvn
archetype:create -DgroupId=evigr -DartifactId=eviart
-DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-portlet -e

I get an error:
[INFO] Error creating from archetype

Embedded error: Error reading POM
start tag not allowed in epilog but got p (position: END_TAG seen
...</dependencies>\n</project>\n<p... @46:3)

What is going wrong?

Please don't re-post the same question.  Sometimes it will take more
than a day for someone to have time to respond, especially on the
weekend.

I see the same thing.  After this happens, look at eviart/pom.xml.
Mine seems to have three <project> elements in it.  There may be
something wrong with the portlet archetype in the repository.

I haven't yet had time to investigate, which is why I had not yet answered.

(This is not the cause of your problem, but I'd suggest running 'mvn
archetype:create' from a directory other than where you've installed
Maven.)

--
Wendy