From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2007 7:11 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Error creating from archetype

On 1/20/07, evi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When executing C:\Documents and
> Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Installid\maven-2.0.4-bin\maven-2.0.4\b
> in>mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=evigr -DartifactId=eviart
> -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-portlet -e
>
> I get an error:
> [INFO] Error creating from archetype
>
> Embedded error: Error reading POM
> start tag not allowed in epilog but got p (position: END_TAG seen
> ...</dependencies>\n</project>\n<p... @46:3)
>
> What is going wrong?

Please don't re-post the same question.  Sometimes it will take more than a
day for someone to have time to respond, especially on the weekend.

I see the same thing.  After this happens, look at eviart/pom.xml.
Mine seems to have three <project> elements in it.  There may be something
wrong with the portlet archetype in the repository.

I haven't yet had time to investigate, which is why I had not yet answered.

(This is not the cause of your problem, but I'd suggest running 'mvn
archetype:create' from a directory other than where you've installed
Maven.)

--
Wendy