From: Jeff Mutonho [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: segunda-feira, 22 de janeiro de 2007 11:00
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Out of memory error

I'm experiencing a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError during my build ,when it get
to generating a checkstyle report as shown below:

[INFO] Working directory:
/app/maven/MAVEN-WORK/continuum/working-directory/86/eportal-webservices/src
[INFO] Generate "Developer Activity" report.
[INFO] Using existing changelog.xml...
[INFO] Generate "File Activity" report.
[INFO] Using existing changelog.xml...
[INFO] Generate "Checkstyle" report.
[INFO] There are 35293 checkstyle errors.
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] null
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 1 minute 31 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Jan 22 14:01:43 SAST 2007 [INFO] Final Memory:
31M/63M [INFO]

My build machine is a Solaris box and the build is invoked by Continuum.I've
edited my ".profile" file and added the following to it:
MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx1024m -Xms1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m"; export MAVEN_OPTS

I'm still getting the error message even with the MAVEN_OPTS  environment
variable set.Do I need to set it in a different file?

--

Jeff  Mutonho
Cape Town

GoogleTalk : ejbengine