Wendy Smoak-3 wrote:

> If you are deploying with uniqueVersion=false, Maven 2.0.4 will not
> retrieve a new version of the snapshot.  You'll have to delete it from
> your local repo to force an update.

Distribution management without uniqueVersion seems to cause metadata to be
updated to my local repository, jar itself is not updated even though pom
has been. This happens at least with Apache MyFaces Trinidad project that is
under incubation with snapshots available in public repository. Hence I
can't have an impact on unique version which turns out to be set to false.

<http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/trinidad/trinidad-api/incubator-m1-SNAPSHOT>

This particular artifact is dated to be updated this year, but what I have
on my local machine is last years version, the one that I got last time I
deleted it from my local repo. I verified that the one that I have differs
also in content   and filesize thus this is not a touching issue.

Is this kind of behaviour intended?