On 2/21/07, Marilyn Sander -X (marilysa - Digital-X, Inc. at Cisco)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is there a definition someplace of what constitutes a valid repository?
I would like the definition both for local repositories and for remote
repositories.

If you find it, let me know. :)  It's on my list to document, I've run
into mysterious errors, the "fix" for which is "delete your local
repository".  I know that Maven is picky about the repository metadata
for snapshots and plugins, (but not so much for releases.)

If you're interested in helping with this, the Maven wiki would be a
great place to start.  This page looks like a possible candidate (or
feel free to create a new one):
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Maven+Concepts+Repositories

--
Wendy