try mvn -P build-web install -e

On 2/27/07, Ben Tatham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello All,
I am having trouble getting a profile to activate.

My scenario is as follows...I have a complicated build process for
making webapps that includes xdoclet and jspc.  I have all the necessary
plugins defined in a profile on parent pom.  I can't define those
plugins in the normal <build><plugins> section or the install of the
parent pom itself fails.

I have tried two ways to activate the pom.  One is to use:

      <id>build-web-profile</id>
      <activation>
        <activeByDefault>false</activeByDefault>
        <property>
          <name>build-web</name>
          <value>true</value>
        </property>
      </activation>

in my parent pom.  Then I set

  <properties>
    <build-web>true</build-web>
</properties>

in the child pom.  Doesn't work.  Doesn't show up on
help:active-profiles either.  I even tried adding that property to my
settings.xml and still nothing.

Also tried using a file activation, which also fails.  I read somewhere
that that activation is still buggy though.

Anybody have any other ideas on how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

---
Thanks,